Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of young people? Do you believe in the power of education, mentorship, and community engagement to transform the future? Do you want to work with youths from diverse social and cultural backgrounds? If so, Generation Now Asia invites you to apply to join our GNA Internship program.
As a GNA Intern, you will have the unique opportunity to work closely with our dedicated team to assist in GNA’s social media operations and youth empowerment program.
This internship is designed to provide you with practical experience in the nonprofit sector, where you will gain hands-on experience in various aspects of community outreach, research, translation and program development. At the same time, GNA provides trainings for interns to enhance certain NGO skills. You will also be able to attend civil society activities and press conferences with GNA.
Social Media Operations Responsibilities:
- Research weekly news about Southeast Asian social and civil society issues to help create content for social media and website
- Assist with English to Mandarin Chinese translation and Mandarin proofreading
- Contribute to communication efforts to raise awareness about our organization's mission and achievements
Youth Empowerment Program Responsibilities:
- Support the GNA team to plan and deliver engaging workshops and educational events for young people
- Contribute to program evaluation efforts by writing records and reports on our initiatives
- Aid with promoting community outreach activities, fostering relationships with local universities and youth clubs
- 熟悉Microsoft Office、Google Drive、社群媒體平台和基本電腦應用程式
Requirements / minimum qualifications:
- An interest in human rights issues in Southeast Asia
- Fluency and demonstrated excellent command of written and communication skills in Mandarin Chinese
- Good command of communication skills in English
- Taiwan’s residency and work permit
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, google drive, social media platforms and basic computer applications
Other qualifications :
- Experience in the implementation of activities or projects
- Experience in social media account management
- Experience in NGO relevant activities or internship
- Understanding of social issues and human rights issues in Southeast Asia
- 12 week internship program
- aprox 8 hours per week
- This is a paid internship program
- The internship will be held at GNA’s office in Taipei City
- This internship is open to 2 people
Please send a document with your biography and your motivation to apply (500 words if written in English or 700 words if written in mandarin) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email title: “GNA Internship Program-Your Name”
GNA will invite qualified candidates to an interview. Before the in-person interview, the candidate will be asked to complete a written assessment at the assigned time. Once the assignment is submitted, GNA will arrange the interview with the candidate. If there is a necessity, GNA will ask the candidate for a follow-up interview.